Winning Isn't Easy
It took a lot of hard work from a lot of people. Here are some facts and figures reflecting the efforts of Pike County folks to bring honor and reason back to the Oval Office:
- With the help of Pike County Democratic Committee members we distributed more than 2000 Biden/Harris signs.
- Our website, pikecountydemocrats.org, helped secure over 170 Volunteers to Phone Bank & help with various areas in the campaign.
- RoboCalls and phonebanks were organized to remind over 2000 voters to complete and file their Mail-In ballots.
- Renee Hoover did an exceptional job of keeping us informed through the Pike County Democratic Facebook site. Our Pike County Democrats Facebook site increased its numbers by 18% increasing to over 600 members.
- We worked directly with Field Organizers for Pike County from the Biden and Cartwright campaigns to secure phone bankers.
- 151,512 phone calls were completed by our volunteers for Biden/Harris since September.
- 5,559 doors were knocked in Pike/Wayne Counties during the last month of the campaign.
- PCDC Chair Jay Tucker was appointed Voter Protection contact for Pike County and had direct contact to the Biden/Harris attorneys at the state level on a almost daily basis.
- The Pike Democrats secured over 50 Poll Watchers for election day which was a great help in our Voter Protection efforts. We had Poll Watchers trained and assigned to all of our 18 precincts.
- Jay was appointed to the first Pennsylvania Rural Advisory Council for the "Pa. for Biden" campaign. This gave Pike County a direct avenue of communication on the importance of rural issues. The advisory council was able to highlight many rural issues and sponsor zoom seminars with local experts to discuss solutions to these rural issues.
- Pike County was highlighted on NBC NY who investigated the difficulty of campaigning in a Republican majority rural county.
- Jay fielded hundreds of calls from the Pa Democratic State communication online site specifically relating to Pike County voter issues.
- Improved Joe Biden's margin in the county by 8% compared to Hillary Clinton's in 2016
Jay Tucker, Chairperson
Pike County Democratic Committee
Pa. Rural Advisory Council Member "Biden for Pa."